Salon & Spa Etiquette
and points of consideration
- Professional hair care products purchased at Shortino’s are guaranteed and can be returned for an exchange or refund within 14 days of the original date of purchase…some products must be returned by you directly to the manufacturer (such as flat irons)…the following products are final sale: makeup, nail polish, and hair brushes. To return any Dermalogica skin care, we must obtain your name, address, phone number and reason for the return, as this is required from Dermalogia corporation.
- All salon and spa services are guaranteed to meet your expectations…if at any time you are not completely pleased with the service you have received, we must be notified within 7 days of the original service date…we will then correct this service you received as quickly as possible with the stylist or technician who originally serviced you whenever possible.
- To maintain our relaxing and peaceful spa environment the spa facility is reserved for adults…not children under the age of 18 are permitted in the spa unless that are receiving services.
- Salons are not safe places for babies and children…please, for your peace of mind and their safety, we ask you not to bring children to the salon unless that are scheduled for a service or accompanied by another adult.
- All prices and policies are subject to change at anytime without any previous notification.
- Gift cards are final sales
- Gift cards must be present for redemption
- Robes are provided to you to protect your clothing from colours and chemicals…Shortino’s is not responsible for any damage done to your clothing or accessories if you choose not to wear a protective robe.
- For new guests, until we have information, we require 50% prepayment for any salon or spa service valued at more than $75.00
- Please feel free to indulge in the services of a different stylist or technician each time you visit…you may feel more comfortable with someone else or simply want a fresh idea…it can be very helpful to be comfortable with several stylists or technicians because there may be times when someone is unavailable due to vacation, maternity leave or a full schedule…we are a team of professionals and are pleased when clients work with all of our staff…while they all have unique styles, our staff undergoes similar training methods techniques and ongoing education, so you always know you’re stylist or technician will provide you with the utmost quality in service…we would all delighted to service you.
- We request 48 hours notice of cancellation for all gift card holders…if less than 48 hours notice is given for any changes or cancellations, we reserve the right to reduce the value of, or avoid, the gift card.
- We request 48 hours of cancellation for all salon and spa services. Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice will be charged 50% of the value of services scheduled. NO SHOWS will be charged 100% of the service value. We reserve the right to reduce the value, or avoid, a gift card against this last minute cancellation or no shows
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Personal Checks (with a valid driver’s license) and cash.
- Gratuity’s (tips) can be added to check payment or cash, NOT to charge cards.